Have you guys taken a class with this handsome mug yet? This is Roger, and he’s the newest REBEL to join our team. Originally from the D.C. area, he moved to Colorado on a whim over 10 years ago and has never looked back! Roger is our renegade early morning instructor, if you like to train early you’ll be lucky enough to join him. Don’t miss his 5AM REBEL classes!
1. What inspired your journey to become a Personal Trainer and REBEL coach?I have been passionate about the human body forever. It's a completely fascinating thing. When I became a full-time trainer I got hooked on the personal connections and relationships I built all around helping people feel better in their bodies. Having known Melissa and Ryan for a while, the decision to join the REBEL community was easy; they're fabulous.
2. How do you kick off your mornings and wind down your evenings?On days that I train, I kick off my mornings at around 3:30AM and get to the REBEL studio at 4:00. I set up the room for the 5:00AM class then I get my own workout in before class starts. Early mornings never get any easier, but the cost benefit analysis my body does each day at that time has swayed my mind from screaming "go back to sleep dumbass, no one should wake up this early!" to "you know that if you don't get it in now, you won't get it in later." Evenings are all about quality time.
3. One phone app that you can't live without?I've had to tell myself that living without my phone would probably make this world a better place … Lately, I've been wasting my time with Chess.
4. What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?Aware. Compassionate. Supercalifragalisticexpialidocious.
5. What makes you a REBEL outside of TRW?I like to think that my worldview makes me rebellious. Practicing awareness, meta-cognition and striving for compassion in the midst of an increasingly frenetic culture are what keep me grounded in that rebellious-ness.
6. What's your fav activity to stay in shape?When I'm not maintaining in the gym, I play soccer, rock climb, and practice yoga.
7. You can only eat one food for the rest of your life - what is it?The survivalist in me would say artisanal micro-greens grown only with water from icebergs. The realist in me would choose chocolate croissants.
8. What’s one thing most people don’t know about you?In another life, I opened for Major Lazer and Calvin Harris.
9. What do you never leave home without?Beats and fresh kicks.
10. What is the best part about being a REBEL?Remembering to not care so damn much; you can't take any of it with you in the end.
Don’t forget to check out our SPECIAL EVENT on Saturday morning - DJ Japadapta (aka Roger) will be spinnin’ some tunes while Melissa and Ryan make you SWEAT.
Kickin’ off at 9AM, we’re going to have a 50 minute REBEL Workout, followed by 50 minutes of Yoga … all while DJ Japadapta is throwin’ live music your way.
This post was brought to you by the best gym in Denver - The REBEL Workout.