Just in case we haven’t been clear about our absolute LOVE for watermelon, we decided to throw a Watermelon Gazpacho recipe at you ;).
WTF is gazpacho?! It’s a cold soup. Which makes it ideal for the summer. And you won’t regret making this one.
This soup is going to help you burn fat and reduce your blood pressure (courtesy of the chili!), get some anti-inflammatories working out the kinks in your body (thanks, cinnamon!), and hydrate the heck outta you (shout out to the watermelon!). OH. And it’s gonna spice up your sex life too ;).
- 2 large tomatoes
- 2 cups diced watermelon
- 5 sliced almonds
- ½ finely chopped red chili (add more if you like some heat!)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ lemon - rind grated
- 8 mint leaves
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- Place tomatoes in a small pot of boiling water for a few seconds.
- Remove tomatoes from boiling water and peel off the skin.
- Toast almonds in a pan until golden.
- In a blender, combine watermelon, skinned tomatoes, and salt and pepper and blend until frothy.
- Stir in chopped chili, cinnamon, and lemon rind.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Garnish with toasted almonds and mint!