Let’s be honest, it can be really tough to get up and out of bed in the winter. And sometimes, preparing meals is the last thing on our minds.
We get up, trudge out in the cold and snow to workout and then head to work... all we want to do afterwards is come home to relax!
Luckily, protein powders can be a big help in this season! Protein powders can:
- Help deliver protein to our muscles immediately following a tough workout
- Start the healing of “micro tears” in our muscles (tiny tears in the muscle that occur during a workout)
- Supplement our diets to make sure that we’re getting an adequate amount of protein to our muscles, since it can be difficult to get enough protein from solid foods
Here at The REBEL Workout, we love Sunwarrior protein powders specifically. These plant-based protein powders are sourced from only the finest organic products, making them an easily digestible provider of antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and phytonutrients.
And, even better, we have the PERFECT recipe for you leading into the Winter months. I mean, how does Really Rockin’ Recovery Hot Chocolate sound? (< Yep, you read that right!!)
Protein, a little sugar to get you kickstarted, and just a touch of cinnamon spice to warm you up in the heart of winter. Count us in!
To make this Really Rockin’ Recovery Hot Chocolate at home:*
Really Rockin’ Recovery Hot Chocolate
- 1 scoop of Chocolate Warrior Blend
- 1 tablespoon of organic cocoa powder
- Pinch of organic cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of organic coconut oil
- Combine ingredients into your pot.
- Add in 1 cup filtered water.
- Slowly heat and stir continuously. Once boiling, pour into your mug.
- Find a great view, and enjoy!
*This recipe originally came from Sunwarrior.
And, even better, we have Sunwarrior Protein Powders available for purchase in the studio! No need to leave your house twice when the snow makes its way into town - just let us know that you’re interested in checking out this protein powder next time you’re in the studio. And, as always, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have.