Are you guys ready to meet another one of our kick-ass trainers?
Say HI to Jenna!
Break it down for us Jenna - where are ya from, what brought you to Denver, who are you?!I’m from Denver! I went to school at the University of Kansas (die hard Jayhawk fan!), and I moved to NYC after college and loved every minute I spent in the Big Apple! … And then Denver called my name. I came back about a year and a half ago, to this amazing city that I call home! I live with my boyfriend in the Baker ‘hood, and I spend most of my time with my friends and family who I am so fortunate to have here with me in Colorado! I have an over-obsession with constantly doing things which is a gift and a curse. In my spare time I love to cook, watch sports, and make attempts at being craftsy. I love life and making people happy!
1. Highlight of 2016?
Easily my second nephew, Finn, coming into this world. It doesn't take long for people to realize I have quite the obsession with my nephews Rhys and Finn :).
2. Fav REBEL class to teach?
I love to teach CYCLE + CORE classes because spin is my first love in the fitness world, combined with the thing that challenges me most. I struggle personally with getting concentrated core work into my routine so helping others do so is a fun challenge. It’s kind of a love hate thing!
3. Did you set any goals or intentions for 2017?
I don't do resolutions, but I have been working on mastering mindfulness and gratefulness - which I have quickly realized is hard work!
4. Any words of wisdom for people coming in for their first REBEL class?Expect the unexpected! I have never been to a space that has the kind of intense workouts that REBEL provides, with such kind, caring people! Every person who walks through those doors leaves with a killer workout and a new community!
5. What makes you a REBEL outside of TRW?I try to carry the vibe from the studio into the world. I genuinely hope that those who encounter me in the world find comfort, understanding and passion in my vibes. I want to make others feel as good as I do, doing what I love here at REBEL!
6. What inspired you to become a trainer?I have always been an athlete by nature, but a few years back I tapped into fitness when I was going through a hard time and it's what got me through. I knew then and there that I wanted to teach and empower people. If I am able to help others improve their life in whatever capacity that is for them - mind, body or soul - then I have done my job.
7. What does your perfect day look like?I have never been very good at sitting still, so I would have to say any kind of action packed day is perfect! I am happiest surrounded by good people who uplift each other!
8. Top 3 bucket list items for 2017?
Learn a type of dance (salsa, ballroom etc,). Dancing isn't a strong point for me, so it would be a challenge. Run/walk in at least 3 races, benefiting different foundations. Bake something without burning it! I’m not even kidding. I love to cook and I want to learn how to bake better!