Recently on the blog, we talked about the incredible power of Magnesium. If you remember, this is the magical mineral that helps to regulate your nervous system, improve you sleep, protect your bones, and so much more. (Be sure to check out our post here if you haven’t seen it yet.)
Towards the end of the post, one of the ways that we mentioned that you can get more magnesium is by eating foods that are high in this nutrient. And we’re here to help you out with just that!
This tasty recipe features foods that are power-packed with magnesium. (I see you squash, salmon, and leafy greens. *wink wink*) Add in that it’s Paleo-friendly, and we’re all set!
To make this Salmon Salad Power Bowl at home:*
Salmon Salad Power Bowl
- 4 ounces salmon
- 3-4 cups seasonal greens
- ½ cup sliced zucchini and squash
- ½ cup raspberries
- 1 tbsp balsamic glaze
- 2 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- Dash of sea salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 thyme sprigs
- Lemon juice
- (Optional; not Paleo) Parmesan crumbles
- First, cook your salmon. Marinate your salmon by evenly spreading 1 tbsp oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper over your salmon on a baking sheet. Bake on 400-degrees Fahrenheit for around 10 minutes or until your salmon looks fully cooked with a little bit of char on top.
- Once your salmon is almost cooked, slice your zucchini and squash. Sautee your veggies in a skillet with ½ tbsp oil and a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Once your vegetables and salmon are fully cooked, build your salad bowl. Greens first, then veggies, then salmon. Drizzle in your balsamic glaze, thyme sprig leaves, and the rest of your oil. Toss all together and place in your serving bowl.
- Add your raspberries last with just a touch more of lemon juice on top. Sprinkle with parmesan, if desired. Enjoy!
*This recipe originally from Cotter Crunch.
As a bonus, if you feel like you need even more Magnesium (aka almost everyone), then we have supplements available for purchase in the studio! When you pop in for your next class, let us know that you’re interested in learning more about Magnesium. We’re all about keeping you as healthy as possible and would love to chat about this wonder-mineral.
This recipe brought to you by Denver’s best gym - The REBEL Workout!